So to mix things up a bit, I’ve decide to make Thursdays into some sort of trivia game. Every week the topic will be different, but the rules will be the same.
This week I have 10 different lyrics from 10 incredibly different artists/bands. The first person to comment with the name of the song and artist for all ten lyrics will be the winner. The cut off for guesses will be the following Thursday. If you win, I will write a blog post about you. Not much in the way of a HUGE prize ( I am a struggling young professional after all) but at least it will make you feel important for a second. I was thinking of allowing whoever wins to pick the topic for the next week…but I am still debating that.
I don’t want anyone to have an unfair advantage. If you aren’t one of my many (cough*four*cough) followers because you’re lame and don’t have a g-mail account…you can write your guesses on my facebook wall or something. I’ll start things off a little easy. I have no way of knowing if you cheat or not so I guess I’ll have to take your word on it. I will start off the first week semi-easy to get into the groove of things.
So let’s kick off Trivia Thursdays with some lyrics:
**Note: I have picked these songs out of my vast Encyclopedia of music knowledge. If, by chance, some happen to be covers, either the original artist or the artists covering them will do.**
1. And I had a lot of time to think/And you're all I seem to keep think, to keep thinking of
2. Nobody likes you when you're 23/I'm still more amused by TV shows/What the hell is ADD?
3. I may run and hide/When you're screamin’ my name, alright
4. Gimme the microphone first, so I can bust like a bubble/Compton and long beach together, now you know you in trouble
5. Because you don't know us at all we laugh when old people fall/But what would you expect with a conscience so small
6. We were as one babe/For a moment in time/And it seemed everlasting/That you would always be mine
7. She had the sightless eyes/Telling me no lies/Knockin' me out with those American thighs
8. I came into this world as a reject/ Look into these eyes then you'll see the size of the flames
9. It may not be no French Riviera/But it's all the same to me as long as I’m with you
10. And even though the battle was won, I feel like we lost it/I spent too much energy on it, honestly I'm exhausted